Just 2 days ago MuscleNerd said he was going to release an updated redsn0w before his trip to Koren and it was released today. This redsn0w is noob proof, it’s so easy a cave man can do it. This post will give you a full tour of the newly updated redsn0w; checkout the picture, info and video below on the updated redsn0w.
This first image is what you’ll see when you first open up redsn0w. If you want to Jailbreak all you have to do is select the “Jailbreak” option and continue with the steps (Click here for a jailbreak tutorial). If you want to perform other task like saving SHSH Blob, just boot tethered and more, select the “Extras’ option.
This second image is what you will see when you select the “Extras” option. You can see that you have about six different options to choose from. Listed below are the function of each option.
• “Just Boot” – is the option that you select when you are using a tethered jailbreak and you need to boot your device tethered.
• “Pwned DFU” – is the option that you select to place your device into a Pwned DFU state.
• “Recovery fix” – gets past 1015 types of errors (when baseband portion of restore fails).
• “SHSH blobs” – Has a bunch of option (see those option in the 3rd image).
• “Preferences” – have some under the hood stuff that the average user don’t need (see those option in the 4th image).
This image shows you all of the SHSH Blobs options; listed below are the function of each option.
• “Fetch” – fetch current PARTIAL blobs on device. Should complete in under 10 or 15 seconds. Puts the set of PARTIAL of blobs on your computer as a plist. Checks if Cydia already has a full set for this device and build. If not, it submits this PARTIAL set and returns Cydia’s acknowledgement or rejection
• “Verify” – cryptographically verifies existing blob files from either redsn0w, TinyUmbrella, or Cydia server. You can select a whole bunch of blobs to verify at once if you want (like the TinyUmbrella directory)
• “Submit” – both verifies and submits one or more blob files to Cydia. This lets you copy your entire TinyUmbrella cache of blobs up to the Cydia server.
• “Query” – queries the Cydia server for all available FULL or PARTIAL blobs for a given set of ECIDs.