This video will show you how to unlock the iphone 4 on iOS 5.0/5.0.1/5.1 or what ever iOS 5 firmware comes out. This tutorial includes steps on how to preserve your baseband and also the Gevey Sim steps.
1. Right click sn0wbreeze and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) if you are on Windows 7 or Windows Vista and run as administrator.
2. Run it and click on “ok” then click “Close Credits” and after that click the blue arrow in the lower right-hand corner.
3. Make sure your firmware is somewhere you will have no trouble finding it, preferably your desktop. Browse for your firmware in Sn0wbreeze and select it.
4. Sn0wbreeze will automatically identify your iDevice after it is finished identifying the IPSW click the blue arrow in the lower right-hand corner.
5. Select “Baseband Preservation Mode” and select “Yes” to get rid of the message. Then click the blue arrow in the lower right-hand corner and wait for it finish.
6. Put your iDevice into DFU mode by following these steps:
I. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
II. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
III. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (or until Sn0wbreese starts to run recognize your iDevice).
7. Open iTunes (if it’s not open already) and go to your iDevice in iTunes, then hold down Shift + left click restore. Browse for the IPSW that Sn0wbreeze created, it should be on your desktop by default.
8. Wait for it to finish.
Time for the Gevey Sim Steps:
1. Turn off your phone, insert your SIMCARD and GEVEY SIM together with the metal SIM tray provided.
2. Turn your phone on and wait for the SIM welcome menu and then select ‘accept’.
3. Then wait 15 seconds, dial ’112? then click ‘CALL’ and hang up within 2 seconds. (DO NOT LET THE CALL CONNECT.)
4. Now go to SETTING, turn AIRPLANE MODE ON and wait until you see ‘No SIM Card Installed’. Then turn off AIRPLANE MODE; you phone should have signal after a few seconds.
Source: Gevey User Guide
• If you get an error message TOWARDS THE END of your restore you will have to use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. Download TinyUmbrella here.
• If you get iTunes 3194 error locate c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts delete any line with gs.apple.com or check out this post for assistance.