This post will show you how to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered and preserve your baseband on iPhone 4/3Gs iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad using Sn0wbreeze – v2.9.1
************ Disclaimer **************
You are doing this at your own risk and I am not responsible for anything that happens to your iDevice.
• iPhone 4 [GSM]
• iPhone 4 [CDMA]
• iPhone 3GS
• iPod Touch 3G
• iPod Touch 4
• iPad 1G
1. Right click sn0wbreeze and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) if you are on Windows 7 or Windows Vista and run as administrator.
5. If you don’t have to add options like “Enable battery percentage” and hacktivate, You can just selected “Simple Mode” and click the blue arrow in the lower right-hand corner. If you selected “Simple Mode” skip steps 6 and 7. If you selected “Expert Mode” click the blue arrow in the lower right-hand corner and continue with the steps.
9. Click “Start” when you are ready to put your iDevice into DFU mode. You can do it by following the on screen instructions or by following these steps:
I. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
II. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
III. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (or until Sn0wbreese starts to run recognize your iDevice).
10. Open iTunes (if it’s not open already) and go to your iDevice in iTunes, then hold down Shift + left click restore. Browse for the IPSW that Sn0wbreeze created, it should be on your desktop by default.
Optional: If you get stuck at the Apple Logo and the loading bar at the bottom (like in the image below). Just do a force reboot, by holding the power and home button until the screen goes black, then release the HOME button and hold the POWER button until the device turns back on. You will see the Apple Logo and the loading bar at the bottom again, but this time it should go through the process.
11. After iTunes is finished, open up Cydia and you should be good to go.
12. You are now jailbroken, may the jailbreak force be with you!
• If you get an iTunes 11 or 1015 error message TOWARDS THE END of your restore you will have to use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. Download TinyUmbrella here.
• If you get iTunes 2005 error, that’s a connecting problem or probably a hardware failure. Try reinstalling the USB drivers fixed the problem and/or rebooting your PC. If that doesn’t work, try a different computer.
• If you get iTunes 3194 error locate c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts delete any line with gs.apple.com or check out this post for assistance.