This post will show you how to downgrade from iOS 6 or higher to 5.1.1, 5.1, 5.0.1, 5.0, 4.3.5, 4.3.4, 4.3.3 or to any iOS version that you have your SHSH Blobs backed up for.
It is important you have your SHSH blobs on file for the iOS version you want to downgrade to. If you don’t have your SHSH blobs on file for the iOS you want to downgrade to, you will not be able to downgrade. You can check which SHSH blobs on file you’ve got by launching Cydia and looking at the top of the Cydia homepage where it lists all your saved SHSH blobs.
1. Right click iFaith and set compatibility to windows XP (service pack 2) if you are on Windows 7 or Windows Vista and run as administrator.
2. Connect your iDevice to the computer and turn it off; after you have done this run iFaith (If it isn’t already connected).
8. Click “Proceed“, then click “Start” and put your iDevice into DFU mode by following these steps:
I. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
II. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
III. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (or until iFaith starts to run iReb).
9. Open iTunes (if it’s not open already) and go to your iDevice in iTunes, then hold down Shift + left click restore. Browse for the IPSW that iFaith created, it should be on your desktop by default.
10. Wait for it to finish.
11. That’s it your device should be on the firmware that you selected to downgrade to.
• If you get an error message TOWARDS THE END of your restore you will have to use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. Download TinyUmbrella here.
• If you get iTunes 3194 error locate c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts delete any line with gs.apple.com or check out this post for assistance.
Hit the Facebook “Like” button and share it with your friends! Share it on Twitter and Google+ as Well