This post will show you how to downgrade iOS 6 to iOS 5.1.1. This process is super easy and you shouldn’t have any problems, if you run into any problem, check out the links at the bottom of the post for assistance. Or follow me on Twitter and ask me for help there!
************ Disclaimer **************
You are doing this at your own risk and I am not responsible for anything that happens to your iDevice.
Things You’ll Need:
• iOS 5.1.1 IPSW get it here.
1.Put your iDevice into DFU mode. You can do so by following the on screen instructions or by following these steps:
I. Hold down the power button for 3 seconds
II. Continue holding the power button and start holding the home button and continue HOLDING BOTH for 10 seconds
III. Let go of power and continue holding home button for 20 seconds (or until Sn0wbreese starts to run recognize your iDevice).
2. Open iTunes (if it’s not open already) and go to your iDevice in iTunes, then hold down Shift + left click restore. Browse for the 5.1.1 IPSW that you downloaded earlier.
3. Wait for iTunes to finish!
4. That’s it! Your device should now be downgraded!
• If you get an iTunes 11 or 1015 error message TOWARDS THE END of your restore you will have to use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode. Download TinyUmbrella here.
• If you get iTunes 2005 error, that’s a connecting problem or probably a hardware failure. Try reinstalling the USB drivers fixed the problem and/or rebooting your PC. If that doesn’t work, try a different computer.
• If you get iTunes 3194 error locate c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts delete any line with gs.apple.com or check out this post for assistance.
Hit the Facebook “Like” button and share it with your friends! Share it on Twitter and Google+ as Well